    hi could anyone tell me how to allow my visitors to upload video clips
    to the website using asp.net
    Thank you

    qwe85, Mar 3, 2006

  2. qwe85

    Guest Guest

    Qwe85,
    Upload to website.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/UploadASP2.asp

    Do yourself a favor and upload to the app_data folder. Only allow
    registered users to upload. Create users folder in app_data folder manually.

    try
    if page.user.identity.isauthenticated then
    Dim uname As String = Page.User.Identity.Name
    'Create the member directory if it does not exist
    MapPath = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/app_data/users/"
    & uname)
    If Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(MapPath) Then
    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(MapPath)
    End If
    MapPath = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/app_data/users/"
    & uname &"/" & fileupload1.filename)
    FileUpload1.PostedFile.SaveAs(MapPath)
    end if
    catch