URGENT HELP REQUIRED IN C++ programming...

Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
We need help on the following project:
Please help us to program as we r very lost.... We r using Microsoft Visual Studio:yell:

A small mama shop has just installed a bar code reader to improve efficiency at their checkouts. Assume that the bar code is to access a file that store the product descriptions, unit price and qty of each product sold in the shop.
The format of the product stored in the file is shown below :
Barcode : a text string of 4 numeric character
Product description : a text string of 20 characters
Unit price : a floating point value
Quantity : an integer

For the purpose of this project, assume that the bar code is entered via the keyboard, write a program to look up for the product description and unit price and produce a receipt for all products bought by customer.

The program will also keep track of the quantity of each item in stock. As purchases are made, the quantity is updated. When the level of stock reaches less than 10, new stock is ordered by writing the bar code number and the product description to another file.

Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Clear few things before we go ahead...
1) Barcode is just a numeric character ??( usually is a lable)
2) Is the product details stored in a file as shown above ( with delimter ":")
3) Do you want a whole product that would take care of all the requirments given above ?
4) What would be the size of transactions?

Thanks.

Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Barcode we will be using numbers keyed in by the user to replace scanning the lable.

the product details can just be flashed out using cout<<

the size of transactions can be unlimited.

pls try to reply before 10August

ty