USB CRC5 / CRC16

ALuPin

Hello,

does someone know if there is a tool which calculates the
USB standard CRC5 / CRC16 for a 16bit wide word?

I want to check if my VHDL code is working correctly.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Andres

Yves Deweerdt

ALuPin said:
Hello,

does someone know if there is a tool which calculates the
USB standard CRC5 / CRC16 for a 16bit wide word?

I want to check if my VHDL code is working correctly.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Andres

Check out this website: http://www.easics.be/webtools/crctool
This tool generates vhdl code to calculate crcs. It knows some standard
polynomials, but also supports user defined polynomials.

Kind regards,

Yves

ALuPin

Yves Deweerdt said:
Check out this website: http://www.easics.be/webtools/crctool
This tool generates vhdl code to calculate crcs. It knows some standard
polynomials, but also supports user defined polynomials.

Kind regards,

Yves

Hi,

yes this is the website I got my VHDL code from.
But my question was if there is some online-tool with which
I can calculate CRCs directly.
The background: I want to compare the calculated CRC with
the simulated VHDL CRC.

Thanks.

Best regards
Andrés

Yves Deweerdt

ALuPin said:
Hi,

yes this is the website I got my VHDL code from.
But my question was if there is some online-tool with which
I can calculate CRCs directly.
The background: I want to compare the calculated CRC with
the simulated VHDL CRC.

Thanks.

Best regards
Andrés

Hello,

That's nice, you asked for an online tool to verify YOUR vhdl code,
hence my misunderstanding :)

If you know a little bit of C++ take a look at the boost crc library. It
is very easy to write a little program to verify the code...
http://www.boost.org/libs/crc/index.html

Kind regards,

Yves

Mike Treseler

ALuPin said:
The background: I want to compare the calculated CRC with
the simulated VHDL CRC.

Sim your crc_shift over a known good packet&FCS,
and note the result.

You should expect the same value for any good packet&FCS.

-- Mike Treseler

kumar

Hello,

does someone know if there is a tool which calculates the
USB standard CRC5 / CRC16 for a 16bit wide word?

I want to check if my VHDL code is working correctly.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Andres

Hi Andres,
Check out this website, probably this should be helpful.

http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~pjbk/nets/crc/

One more thing is, do a simulation of the CRC along with your FCS ie.,

send the DATA + CRC to your CRC block, since CRC Generator and Checker
logic remains the same you will get to know your residual value.

For your information, the USB standards under the section protocols,
the CRC is discussed, which says if the received bits are without
error the residual value is 01100B for CRC5 and 1000000000001101B for
CRC16 which can be verified by simulation.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kumar

Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Online Parallel CRC generator

There is an online tool that generates a Verilog code for parallel CRC with different data, polynomial sizes and coefficients, including USB5/16.
It's on "http OutputLogic dot com" [sorry, this site doesn't let me post a link in a regular way]

Hope that helps