Use Membership API in WinForms Application

Graham

Hi All

I'm developing an ASP.NET 2.0 application that uses the new membership
features, however I also need to develop a WinForms application that manages
users when they have registered. This management revolves around linking
users to internal business data, however I would also like to build-in the
ability to manage users using the membership API directly in my WinForms
app. I can do this through code in the ASP.NET application, where the
provider information is supplied from web.config. In my WinForms application
this isn't available of course, and I presumably need to supply the provider
info via code. Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks!

Cheers - Graham

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hi,

you can use the provider also in WinForms - use app.config instead.

Reference system.web.dll and copy the relevant entries from your web.config
to the app.config file.

Graham

Hi Dominick

Thanks for your suggestion - it works a treat! Just out of interest, is it
possible to configure the provider through code? Presumably this is what is
happening behind the scenes?

Cheers - Graham

Luke Zhang [MSFT]

The provider can not be configured in code, it has to been in .config file.

Regards,

Luke Zhang
rights.)