Use of the {@code } tag

Arne Vajhøj

Lew said:
Really? I only need to adjust it a couple of times a month. Is that
"quite frequently" to you?

It is frequent if it is due to one person.

BTW, I don't use killfile myself.

Arne

Lew

Arne said:
It is frequent if it is due to one person.

It isn't. I haven't had to add a Twisted alias in a few weeks. The latest
additions have been those stupid "special offer" spammers.

The addition of a new entry to the killfile takes less than a minute. I don't
deem it significant.

Dave Searles

Arne said:
Peter said:
[personal attacks deleted]

[personal attacks deleted]

[personal attacks deleted]
[personal attack deleted]

[personal attack deleted]

[personal attack deleted]
Wrong.
we hardly ever hear from Jerry Gerrone these days.

Well - I have seen a lot of posts from him lately.

I noticed a pattern there: he replies when people talk about/insult him
and is apparently quiet the rest of the time. Perhaps if you don't like
hearing from him you could try simply not discussing him in public?

Mind you the effects won't be instant. He seems to reply to posts in big
batches once a week, instead of checking the group daily as I do, so you
might see one more batch of posts from him a few days after shutting up
about him.
[personal attack deleted]

[personal attack deleted]

[personal attack deleted]

Wrong.

Jerry Gerrone

It is frequent if it is due to one person.

It isn't.  [insult deleted] in a few weeks.  The latest
additions have been those stupid "special offer" spammers.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Jerry Gerrone

You have your facts wrong. [preceding insult is aimed at rossum] Look at
[insult deleted] [that one wasn't]

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

And you still seem to have me confused with Dave for some reason. Have
you not noticed that we're ENEMIES??!
[sizable chunk of irrelevant-to-the-parent-post material deleted]

Jerry Gerrone

No. But Lew would have more time for other, more positive activities,
which would make him happier, if he didn't put effort into replying. In
the time he's spent [implied insult deleted], he could have studied
a new API, learned Python, written a PostgreSQL tutorial in iambic
pentameter, learned to juggle, built a covert nanobrewery in his cubicle,
or any one of a number of things.

None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

Also, AFAIK Lew has not spent any time responding to posts by me in
quite a long time. In fact I think the humorless twerp has me
killfiled. :p

Jeff Higgins

Jerry said:
None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

All of the true things that have been or
will ever be said or implied about you are true.
And you still seem to have me confused with Dave for some reason. Have
you not noticed that we're ENEMIES??!

Sock puppet Dave has activated CAPS LOCK
while sock puppet Jerry wasn't looking.
Poster would have noticed had he not been typing with his nose.

Jeff Higgins

Jeff said:
All of the true things that have been or
will ever be said or implied about you are true.

Sock puppet Dave has activated CAPS LOCK
while sock puppet Jerry wasn't looking.
Poster would have noticed had he not been typing with his nose.

In another thread:
Dave said:
> Go **** yourself.

May just be a sticky key problem.

Dave Searles

Jeff said:
Jerry said:
None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

[personal attack aimed at Jerry deleted]
And you still seem to have me confused with Dave for some reason. Have
you not noticed that we're ENEMIES??!

[personal attack deleted] Dave has [false accusation deleted]

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, WRONG. Go **** yourself.

Dave Searles

Jeff said:
Jeff said:
Jerry said:
None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at
all true.

[personal attack aimed at Jerry deleted]
And you still seem to have me confused with Dave for some reason. Have
you not noticed that we're ENEMIES??!

[personal attack deleted] Dave has [false accusation deleted]

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, WRONG. Go **** yourself.
[misquotes me; personal attacks]

Wrong.

Jerry Gerrone

All of the true things that have been or
will ever be said or implied about you are true.

But none of those are nasty things, because none of the nasty things
that you have said or implied about me are at all true.
And you still seem to have me confused with Dave for some reason. Have
you not noticed that we're ENEMIES??!

[insult deleted]

No. None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me
are at all true.