UserControls and location of javascript

Jay

I have coded a UserControl for a menu that uses javascript for rollovers.
When the javascript is included in the UserControl it ends up being put
within the body tag. Normally, I put my javascript functions in the head
tag.

I am experiencing some wierd behavior of the javascript substring function
not working properly and for some special cases the system hangs. The
hanging definitely is caused by the UserControls. Right now I am trying to
understand the problem in more detail.

Questions:
What problems can occur when javascript code is in the body tag.
Has anyone else had problems with UserControls causing system to hang.

Jay