using a single sql membership for 2 web applications

Andy B

I have 2 web applications that need membership added to them. 1 is an admin
module for the admin to control the website and the other one is contracts
module where customers/clients can login and manage their contracts. I want
to use 1 centeralized membership provider and database for the usernames and
passwords but don't want clients/customers to have access to the admin
module. How would I do something like this?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Create it in one site and then copy the ConnectionStrings and Membership
(possible Roles and Personalization) sections to the web.config in the other
application. You should also consider generating your own machine keys and
use the same settings in both applications (there are sites you can google
that will gen random keys for you).

Andy B

How would you do this? I don't know if I can use machine keys or not since I
am making the site on a different computer than the server.