Using FileSystemObject to write across the network

Scott MacLean

I'm pulling my hair out over this one. I've got a web page that I need to
have write to another server across the network. The site in question does
NOT run in anonymous mode, that is, the user is presented with a
username/password box when they view the page.

No matter what I do, when the page attempts to access the remote server, I
get a Permission Denied error. I have tried the suggestion from this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q197/9/64.asp&NoWebContent=1

As a baseline, I created a blank, normal, anonymous access web on the same
machine. I did as described in the article above.

I tried resetting the password for IUSR_computername, and setting the
anonymous password in the metabase to match. I created the IUSR_computername
account on the remote server with the same password, and gave it log on
locally rights. I even tried giving IUSR_computername administrator access,
on both servers. No matter what I did, it failed with Permission Denied.

The *only* thing that got it to work was telling the web site to use
"administrator" for anonymous access instead of IUSR_computername. This
worked fine - but isn't really very safe.

I'm at a complete loss. What I WANT to do is to not run the site with
anonymous access at all, which means I can't even specify the account used
for anonymous access. Trying this, and typing in the administrator username
and password when viewing the web page also gets the familiar "Permission
Denied."

My simple code is below:

<%
Set FSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set tso = FSO.CreateTextFile("\\192.168.0.60\c$\temp\testfile.txt", True)
tso.WriteLine "Test"
tso.Close
Set tso = Nothing

Set FSO = Nothing
%>

Scott MacLean

That ASPFAQ page basically says "to access files using FileSystemObject, see
this page" and links to the page I already described below, which was of no
help.