using formview control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by krraleigh, Dec 30, 2008.

  1. krraleigh

    krraleigh Guest

    First off I am really new to .NET so ...
    What I need to do is use one drop down list to populate another.
    I found an example of this and it works great, however the example
    does not show how to use the end result to load the data into my DB.

    So I used a sql source control set to new, edit, delete and then added a
    formview control.
    I went ahead and edited the template in insert mode and placed the drop down
    lists in.

    My problem then is that I can't get the second drop down list to appear in
    the properties
    window when you set up your WHERE clause.

    When configuring the WHERE clause you are given a series of drop down lists
    to fill in.
    The top right control on the WHERE clause window lets you choose the control
    on the page.
    This works great when the drop down control is not inside of a formview
    control, but place
    the control inside of the formview control and the only thing you will see
    is the formview control.

    Can anyone advise?
    Kevin

    krraleigh, Dec 30, 2008