Using Frame

powerranger

I have aspx page called test.aspx where I create a frameset. At the
top frame, I have dropdownlist box which has autopostback turned on, a
hidden image (visible = false) and a button. When the user chooses an
item from the dropdownlist box (after postback), I want to
show/display the image in the top frame. How can I achieve this
working with a frame. Here is my HTML code:

<frame name="header" src="top.aspx" scrolling="no" noresize>
<frame name="main" src="bottom.aspx">

I already try - parent.frames['top'].location.reload() - but it keeps
on displaying test.aspx in the bottom frame showing the dropdownlist
box, the image, and the button. Please help. Thanks.

Jose Suero

I tried it and it worked fine

I place a frameset on a one page

a dropdownlist with autopost back on the top frame and a on
selectedindexchange event on code behind and it works perfectly

instead of changing the visible property of a image I changed the text
of a label, but I really don't think it makes much of a difference

here's the code

webform1.aspx:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>WebForm1</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<frameset rows="64,*">
<frame name="header" scrolling="no" noresize src="webform2.aspx">
<frame name="main" src="webform5.aspx">
</frameset>
</HTML>

with no code-behind

webform2.aspx
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>WebForm2</title>
name="vs_targetSchema">
</HEAD>
<asp:DropDownList id="DropDownList1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT:
8px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 8px"
runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">
<asp:ListItem Value="yes">yes</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Value="no">no</asp:ListItem>
</asp:DropDownList>
<asp:Label id="Label1" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 104px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 8px" runat="server">Label</asp:Label></form>
</HTML>

webform2.aspx.vb

Private Sub DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As
DropDownList1.SelectedIndexChanged
Label1.Text = "hello"
End Sub

This works on my machine let me know what's not working for you

Jose

John Lee

Jose,

Thank you it worked. In your sample, what if you have a button on
WebForm2. When click on it, I want to display something in the bottom
of the frame (or WebForm5). Thanks.

Jose Suero

They're several ways to do this, but they all require client side
scripting

The first one that comes to mind is putting a literal control on
webform2 on the click event button you would put something like
System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Literal1.Text =
"<script>parent.main.location.replace('webform5.aspx?text=joseph')</script>"
End Sub

for example in wich you can pass a parameter to the form on webform5
you would have somehting like:

Label1.Text = Request("text")

you can pass other parameters to make the form do what you need it to
do

Hope it helps

Jose