using java with sftp

Bumsys

import com.jcraft.jsch.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;

/**
* This class is used to demonstrate the usage of the
* JCraft JSch package to SFTP files.
*
* @author Tim Archer 04/20/07
* @version $Revision: 1.1 $
*/
public class TestJSch {

/** Creates a new instance of TestCommonsNet */
public TestJSch() {
}

/**
* main - Unit test program
* @param args Command line arguments
*
*/
try {
String ftpHost = "10.64.3.27";
int ftpPort = 14147;
String ftpUserName = "anabolik";
String ftpPassword = "anabolik";
String ftpRemoteDirectory = "/home/tarcher/tmp/";
String fileToTransmit = "c:\\temp\\test.txt";

//
//First Create a JSch session
//
System.out.println("Creating session.");
JSch jsch = new JSch();
Session session = null;
Channel channel = null;
ChannelSftp c = null;

//
//Now connect and SFTP to the SFTP Server
//
try {
//Create a session sending through our username and
password
session = jsch.getSession(ftpUserName, ftpHost,
ftpPort);
System.out.println("Session created.");
session.setPassword(ftpPassword);
//Security.addProvider(new
com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE());

//
//Setup Strict HostKeyChecking to no so we dont get
the
//unknown host key exception
//
java.util.Properties config = new
java.util.Properties();
config.put("StrictHostKeyChecking", "no");
session.setConfig(config);
session.connect();
System.out.println("Session connected.");

//
//Open the SFTP channel
//
System.out.println("Opening Channel.");
channel = session.openChannel("sftp");
channel.connect();
c = (ChannelSftp)channel;
} catch (Exception e) {
System.err.println("Unable to connect to FTP server.
"+e.toString());
throw e;
}

//
//Change to the remote directory
//
System.out.println("Changing to FTP remote dir: " +
ftpRemoteDirectory);
c.cd(ftpRemoteDirectory);

//
//Send the file we generated
//
try {
File f = new File(fileToTransmit);
System.out.println("Storing file as remote filename: "
+ f.getName());
c.put(new FileInputStream(f), f.getName());
} catch (Exception e) {
System.err.println("Storing remote file failed.
"+e.toString());
throw e;
}

//
//Get the list of files in the remote server directory
//
Vector files = c.ls(ftpRemoteDirectory);

//
//Log if we have nothing to download
//
if (files.size() == 0) {
System.out.println("No files are available for
download.");
}
//
//Otherwise download all files except for the . and ..
entries
//
else {
for (int i=0; i<files.size(); i++) {
com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.LsEntry lsEntry =
(com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.LsEntry) files.get(i);

if (!lsEntry.getFilename().equals(".") && !
lsEntry.getFilename().equals("..")) {
System.out.println("Downloading file
"+lsEntry.getFilename());

String outputFileName = "c:\\temp\
\"+lsEntry.getFilename();

//Get the write and write it to our local file
system
File f = new
File(outputFileName);
c.get(lsEntry.getFilename(), new
FileOutputStream(f));

//
//Remove the file from the server
//
/*
c.rm(lsEntry.getFilename());
*/

//
//Disconnect from the FTP server
//
try {
c.quit();
} catch (Exception exc) {
System.err.println("Unable to disconnect from FTP
server. " + exc.toString());
}

} catch (Exception e) {
System.err.println("Error: "+e.toString());
}

System.out.println("Process Complete.");
System.exit(0);

When i run code i have error:
Creating session.
Session created.
Process Complete.
Unable to connect to FTP server. com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException:
Error: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: connect

what is wrong?

GArlington

import com.jcraft.jsch.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;

/**
[...]

"Connection refused"!!!???

Gordon Beaton

but why my connection is refused. what can it be?

The connection is refused because noone is listening for incoming
connections at the destination address:port that you attempted to
connect to.

/gordon

Stanimir Stamenkov

Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:28:18 -0800 (PST), /[email protected]/:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:11:34 -0800 (PST), /GArlington/:
[...]

When i run code i have error:
Creating session.
Session created.
Process Complete.
Unable to connect to FTP server. com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException:
Error: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: connect

what is wrong?

"Connection refused"!!!???

but why my connection is refused. what can it be?

Do your server support SFTP connections? Could you connect to it
using another software?

Nigel Wade

but why my connection is refused. what can it be?

Connection refused means that when you attempted to connect to the host/port the
host responded with RST/ACK response, i.e. go away.

This is normally the result of there being nothing listening on that port. Also,
some firewalls are configured to respond in this manner to any attempted
connection.