Using Rational Rose 2003 with .NET

donet programmer

Has anybody used Rational Rose 2003 for designing .NET applications??
Are there any Add-ins that are available for download that I can
install on to my rational rose installation that will provide me the
framework relavant to the .net code .... all I see on my rose
installation is add ins for java, j2ee, oracle, also visual studio 6.0
and mfc

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Currently, there is no rational rose plug in I know of for .NET. There is a
new product (XDE) for the .NET Framework.

donet programmer

Thank you Gregoy .... I thought there wasn't any .. but just wanted to
confirm it before I jump to any conclusions.. :)

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

MS, in the Team Architect version of 2005, has some of the same type of
designers (not true UML). XDE folds into VS .NET 2002 or 2003 and is a lot
like Rose (actually better, as it round trips much better). Good luck!

donet programmer

Yeah, I have seen the designer and code skeleton generator on VS.NET
2005 ... definetely very impressive ... tooo bad cant use it for this
project since its a .NET 1.1 implementation on VS.NET 2003 ... dont
think my company has any XDE licenses either .. soo its either Rational
Rose or Nothing ....