Using same Asp.Net application multiple times in sharing hosting.

craigkenisston

I have an asp.net application that is fully database driven.
It takes the parameters from the server name and according to the
domain it display the proper information.
So, I upload the same exact code like 20 times for each of my domains
in a shared hosting.
The database access is done by a separate class library that handles
all request in static methods from a single class.
The business data logic is also in a separate class and this one call
the library class above.
Is there any problem in the above scenario ?

The thing is my sites are getting an "server application unavailable"
from time to time, and my hosting can't find the solution. I wonder if
the cause of this error is some fault in my side...

Guest

Hi Craig,
there are many things that could produce this error, one of the first things
to check is that all your database connections are closed correctly as you
may be running out of database connections from the pool. Alternatively it
could be due to server load which in a shared environment may mean somebody
elses sloppy code is using all the available resources or it may just be very
busy....

You may like to consider adding an error handling module to your application
which can notify you of any errors in your application and give you a head
start on resolving the issue. There is a good example at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/elmah.asp

HTH jd