Using Visual Studio to test ASP pages

Victor

I've downloaded both MS Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition and MS Visual Web Developer
2005 Express Edition.

All I want to do is be able to write some code snippets, in ASP (VBScript) and then run
them locally for debugging purposes. I've been going through the docs for both these
programs and I don't know if they can do this - can anyone help me with this? Can I use
either of these programs to debug ASP programs, and if so, how?

Thanks,

Vic

Evertjan.

Victor wrote on 22 okt 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I've downloaded both MS Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition and MS
Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition.

All I want to do is be able to write some code snippets, in ASP
(VBScript) and then run them locally for debugging purposes. I've been
going through the docs for both these programs and I don't know if
they can do this - can anyone help me with this? Can I use either of
these programs to debug ASP programs, and if so, how?

vb <> vbs

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Victor said:
I've downloaded both MS Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition

Not relevant to ASP
and MS
Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition.

All I want to do is be able to write some code snippets, in ASP
(VBScript) and then run them locally for debugging purposes. I've
been going through the docs for both these programs and I don't know
if they can do this - can anyone help me with this? Can I use either
of these programs to debug ASP programs, and if so, how?

Thanks,
I do not know if debugging is available with Web Developer ... you may need
the full-fledged Visual Studio.