using xsl for dropdown

bic

Hi,

I am trying to use xsl output for my asp.net and have gotten as far as
displaying xml control OK. How do I change it to a dropdown using the
lastname, and when selected I want to have all elements displayed on the
page. Thanks in advance.

--this is my asp.net file----------------------

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="True" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Xml" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Xml.Xsl" %>
<script runat="server">
void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
doc.Load(Server.MapPath("people.xml"));

XslTransform trans = new XslTransform();
trans.Load(Server.MapPath("peopletable.xsl"));

xml1.Document = doc;
xml1.Transform = trans;
}
</script>
<head runat="server">
<title>Xml Class Example</title>
</head>
<h3>Xml Example</h3>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:Xml id="xml1" runat="server" />
</form>

--this is my xsl file----------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="/People">
<xsl:apply-templates select="Person" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Person">
<b>
<xsl:value-of select="Name/FirstName" />

<xsl:value-of select="Name/LastName" />
</b>
<xsl:value-of select="Address/Street" /><br />
<xsl:value-of select="Address/City" />
,
<xsl:value-of select="Address/State" />
<xsl:value-of select="Address/Zip" />
Job Title: <xsl:value-of select="Job/Title" /><br />
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

--this is my xml file------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<People>
<Person>
<Name>
<FirstName>Joe</FirstName>
<LastName>Suits</LastName>
</Name>
<Address>
<Street>1800 Success Way</Street>
<City>Redmond</City>
<State>WA</State>
<ZipCode>98052</ZipCode>
</Address>
<Job>
<Title>CEO</Title>
<Description>Wears the nice suit</Description>
</Job>
</Person>
</People>

Bob Barrows

bic said:
Hi,

I am trying to use xsl output for my asp.net

***canned wrong-newsgroup reply************************
recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) asp newsgroup.
ASP.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest