validate xml with xsd in perl script

JanVDV

Hey,

I have an xml file, and I want to assign a xml schema to it.
The only way I can do this is through a perl script. I am not
able to open the xml file and type the schema reference to it,
so I really need to do it through the script.
Can someone help me?

TX.

Brian McCauley

JanVDV said:
I have an xml file, and I want to assign a xml schema to it.
The only way I can do this is through a perl script. I am not
able to open the xml file and type the schema reference to it,
so I really need to do it through the script.

XML::LibXML last time I researched it in detail did not do this but I
have heard since that libxml now does so I would hope XML::LibXML would
soon (but it's not documented).

There is XML::Validator::Schema but that admits to being incomplete.

If that doesn't work there's an XSL script somewhere that transforms an
XSD into another XSL script that validates that XML conforms to the XSD.
(So you could use XML::LibXSLT).