validate XML with XSD in c++

uck.larsson

Hi!

Im pretty new to both XML validation and C++ (more familiar with
Java..) so I guess this is a trivial question.

If I have a XML file and a XSD schema, how is the best way to validate
them? Id like to to this in c++ without using external libraries, or
as little libraries as possible, is it possible? Other ideas of how
this can be done?
I want a simple solution, the output needed is just if the validation
i successful or not.

Any help is appreciated

// Katarina

Martin Honnen

uck.larsson said:
Im pretty new to both XML validation and C++ (more familiar with
Java..) so I guess this is a trivial question.

If I have a XML file and a XSD schema, how is the best way to validate
them? Id like to to this in c++ without using external libraries, or
as little libraries as possible, is it possible? Other ideas of how
this can be done?
I want a simple solution, the output needed is just if the validation
i successful or not.

I am not familiar with C++ and what is considered core and what is
considered a library but one validating parser that supports validation
against a schema is Xerces C++: http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/

If you work on Windows (XP SP 3 or later versions like Windows Vista or
Windows 7) then you can consider MSXML 6 as that is part of the OS:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms763742(VS.85).aspx

uck.larsson

I am not familiar with C++ and what is considered core and what is
considered a library but one validating parser that supports validation
against a schema is Xerces C++:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/

If you work on Windows (XP SP 3 or later versions like Windows Vista or
Windows 7) then you can consider MSXML 6 as that is part of the OS:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms763742(VS.85).aspx

Thanks for your replay, Ill give Xerces C++ a closer look, and Im on
Mac OS unfortunately

// Katarina