    sort of visualize an XSD description so that it gives a good
    idea how a typical XML file according to that XSD does look like?

    Thanks.

    Manfred Lotz, Apr 19, 2010

  2. With the Microsoft .NET framework there is a tool that generates a
    sample XML document from a set of XML schemas:

    I wouldn't call that "visualizing" but you could generate your sample
    and then display a tree view of it if you want to visualize the sample.

    Martin Honnen, Apr 19, 2010

  3. Manfred Lotz

    Manfred Lotz Guest

    Manfred Lotz, Apr 22, 2010
  4. Manfred Lotz

    Manfred Lotz Guest

    The Microsoft solution isn't directly usable by me because I do not
    have Windows.

    But the idea might be good, having a reasonable Document and then
    displaying it in an XML editor.

    Thanks.

    Manfred Lotz, Apr 22, 2010
  5. Eclipse offers a plugin with XML and XSD editors. XSD editor makes nice
    graphical visualization of your XSD. It also generates XML from your
    XSDs with various complexity (chosen by the user). You can further
    validate your XML against the XSD using built-in Xerces.

    But complicated XSDs don't really show the (sometimes simple) XML file
    structure.

    Eclipse is based on Java and runs on Linux, it is Open Source.

    http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/?project=xsd

    read you...
    Susanne

    Susanne Wunsch, Apr 22, 2010