Validation in GridViews

randy.buchholz

I have an application with many GridViews used to select records for further
processing. Usually a value from a dd or text box and a selection from the
grid are required to proceed (using a button event). RequiredField
Validators work fine for the single field controls (dd, tb, etc) I am
looking for a simple/consistant client side way to validate that a row has
been selected. Preferably using some type of control (most of the team have
never worked with asp, web, or C# and I want to keep things simple). I am
currently validating server side with
if (gv_XXX.selectedRow != null)....
but would like to try to adapt a control to do this. With so many things
for the team to learn I don't want to have to have them learn scripting too
at this point. Thanks.

randy.buchholz

Using a different workaround but not a good solution as this still
roundtrips.

I am using a rowselected event to write to a label and validating the label.

Still hoping for a real solution.