Validator not showing msg box

Uriah Piddle

Hi Gang,

I have a validator that validates for a valid date. The control is a user
control that returns the date as a string. I tried returning a DateTime, but
it would not validate it. Anyway, for all of the other fields, the
validation summary throws up the messagebox which is what I want. For for
this date field, it shows the little asterisk and does validate the field
but it will not show the messagebox. Here is the declaraction:

<asp:CompareValidator
runat="server"
ID="valReleaseDate"
ControlToValidate="ctlReleaseDate4"
Type="Date"
Operator="DataTypeCheck"
ErrorMessage="The 'Release Date' field contains an invalid date"
ToolTip="This field contains in invalid date"
ValidationGroup ="EditArticle">*</asp:CompareValidator>

The validation group is the same for the other fields.

Thanks.

Steve