Values and updating with parameters in gridview control

Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi

I am new to the world of aspx, .net and C#.

In aspx .net 2.0. I am trying to work out how to get a datagrid to perform an update. Using Visual Developer I have successfully added the control and specifed a select statement to return data via my SQLData Source. This works fine.

However having specifed the control as editable I would like to perform an update through the datagrid and SQLDatasource. I see in the properties for the SQLDatasource object I can specify my update statement.

However I do not understand how to get that update statement to have variable values and how newly entered values from the grid can be placed into these variables when the update takes place.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I have not found the MS doc very illuminating thus far and have not found any examples.

Many Thanks