vertical Scroll Bar with CheckBoxList in ASP.NET

bienwell

Hi,

I'm using the CheckBoxList control in ASP.NET for Web development. This
checkboxlist is bound by the database. If we have more items for this
checkbox list, it takes space on the page. I want to have vertical scroll
bar (like CheckedListBox in Window development) to save space. Can we do
that in ASP.NET ?
Please give me your suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

Kevin Spencer

Put it into a scrolling div.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

bienwell

Kevin,

Is "scrolling div" a property of CheckBoxList ? How do I put the
CheckBoxList in it ? I don't see this property for CheckBoxList ?

Kevin Spencer

A div is a container. Put the CheckboxList inside it.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

Guest

Hi Kevin,

first of all: Before you want to develop a Web-based application make sure
you know enough about web-standards! Like you would do when trying to
develop a windows application (you must know about drawing controls).

A "scrolling div" is a html-tag wrapped around your control.

... here comes your list-control ...

Be aware that this does not work for every browser!

Regards
Patrick

Kevin Spencer

Huh? I didn't ask a question, Patrick.

--

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Guest

Oh, sorry Kevin! I ment bienwell. My fault.

Kevin Spencer said:
Huh? I didn't ask a question, Patrick.

--

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
What You Seek Is What You Get.

bienwell

Patrick,

I've tried it like you suggested, but the vertical bar didn't show up (both
in IE and Netscape 7.1). My co-worker developed a window application with
VB.NET and used CheckedListBox control to display databound by database; it
had the vertical scroll bar. In ASP.NET with web development, it does not
have CheckedListBox control and I have to use CheckboxList control.

Here is my code:

<asp:CheckBoxList id="Field_CheckList"
OnSelectedIndexChanged="Field_CheckedAll_Changed" runat="server"
AutoPostBack="true" CellPadding="5" CellSpacing="5" RepeatColumns="1"
RepeatDirection="Vertical" RepeatLayout="Flow" TextAlign="Right"
</asp:CheckBoxList>

Any suggestions ? Thanks again.