    bar (like CheckedListBox in Window development) to save space. Can we do
    that in ASP.NET ?
    Please give me your suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

    bienwell, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Put it into a scrolling div.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 21, 2005

  3. bienwell

    bienwell Guest

    Kevin,

    Is "scrolling div" a property of CheckBoxList ? How do I put the
    CheckBoxList in it ? I don't see this property for CheckBoxList ?

    bienwell, Apr 21, 2005
  4. A div is a container. Put the CheckboxList inside it.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 21, 2005
  5. bienwell

    Guest Guest

    Hi Kevin,

    first of all: Before you want to develop a Web-based application make sure
    you know enough about web-standards! Like you would do when trying to
    develop a windows application (you must know about drawing controls).

    A "scrolling div" is a html-tag wrapped around your control.

    ... here comes your list-control ...

    Be aware that this does not work for every browser!

    Regards
    Patrick

    Guest, Apr 21, 2005
  6. Huh? I didn't ask a question, Patrick.

    --

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 21, 2005
  7. bienwell

    Guest Guest

    Oh, sorry Kevin! I ment bienwell. My fault.

    Guest, Apr 21, 2005
  8. bienwell

    bienwell Guest

    Patrick,

    I've tried it like you suggested, but the vertical bar didn't show up (both
    in IE and Netscape 7.1). My co-worker developed a window application with
    VB.NET and used CheckedListBox control to display databound by database; it
    had the vertical scroll bar. In ASP.NET with web development, it does not
    have CheckedListBox control and I have to use CheckboxList control.

    Here is my code:

    <asp:CheckBoxList id="Field_CheckList"
    OnSelectedIndexChanged="Field_CheckedAll_Changed" runat="server"
    AutoPostBack="true" CellPadding="5" CellSpacing="5" RepeatColumns="1"
    RepeatDirection="Vertical" RepeatLayout="Flow" TextAlign="Right"

    Any suggestions ? Thanks again.

    bienwell, Apr 22, 2005
  9. bienwell

    vabraham