Very simple SVG drawing tool (circles) written in Ruby?

Philip Rhoades

People,

I am looking for very simple SVG drawing tool - mainly to draw circles -
but it has to be something written in Ruby. I don't really mind what
the GUI toolkit is - as long as it is easy to use and runs on Linux.

Does something like this exist? If not, any suggestions about what to
use to write it myself?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited (ACN 003 252 275 ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Axel Etzold

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 02:19:30 +0900
Von: Philip Rhoades <[email protected]>
An: (e-mail address removed)
Betreff: Very simple SVG drawing tool (circles) written in Ruby?
People,

I am looking for very simple SVG drawing tool - mainly to draw circles -
but it has to be something written in Ruby. I don't really mind what
the GUI toolkit is - as long as it is easy to use and runs on Linux.

Does something like this exist? If not, any suggestions about what to
use to write it myself?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited (ACN 003 252 275 ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Philip,

you can find quite a lot of them in Rubyforge.

http://rubyforge.org/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=svg&Search=Suche

It is also possible to draw circles in RMagick (http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/portfolio3.html) in svg,
but RMagick's installation can be a bit daunting...

Best regards,

Axel

Philip Rhoades

Axel,

Axel said:
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Philip,

you can find quite a lot of them in Rubyforge.

http://rubyforge.org/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=svg&Search=Suche

It is also possible to draw circles in RMagick (http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/portfolio3.html) in svg,
but RMagick's installation can be a bit daunting...

Thanks for that - I will have a look at them. Is is for the new version
of the C/C++ simulation program that we have previously talked about. I
have an idea about using the SVG circle information for both initial
parameter input and also display output for the program but the SVG
drawing program needs to be very simple and small.

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited (ACN 003 252 275 ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Tim Hunter

Philip said:
Thanks for that - I will have a look at them. Is is for the new version
of the C/C++ simulation program that we have previously talked about. I
have an idea about using the SVG circle information for both initial
parameter input and also display output for the program but the SVG
drawing program needs to be very simple and small.

RMagick can do a lot of things but I don't think it's what you're
looking for. While you can read SVG images with it, mostly it's good for
outputting raster images.

Good luck with your project, though!

Charles Oliver Nutter

Philip said:
People,

I am looking for very simple SVG drawing tool - mainly to draw circles -
but it has to be something written in Ruby. I don't really mind what
the GUI toolkit is - as long as it is easy to use and runs on Linux.

Does something like this exist? If not, any suggestions about what to
use to write it myself?

You might consider Batik with JRuby. I know others are using it for some
crazy cool graphics stuff. It's not a full app (SVG library) but it
works really, really well.

- Charlie

Philip Rhoades

Charlie,

You might consider Batik with JRuby. I know others are using it for some
crazy cool graphics stuff. It's not a full app (SVG library) but it
works really, really well.

It is overkill for me - it looks like FXSvgCanvas is just what I want
but it is no longer being worked on and the download link is not working . .

Thanks anyway,

Regards,

Phil.