    Has anybody successfully used VDHL to SystemC conversion tools. Google returns one or two options, but I'd like to hear from people who have used them.
    Thanks,
    Steven

    moogyd, May 10, 2014

  2. moogyd

    Tomas D. Guest

    It's like converting foot toe to hands thumb. Do you really want that?

    Tomas D., May 11, 2014

  3. moogyd

    HT-Lab Guest

    Hi Steven,

    I briefly played with Carbon (http://www.carbondesignsystems.com) and I
    must say that I was quite impressed. I only tried a few test cases but
    from what I remember the resulting C++ (with a SystemC top layer) ran
    much faster than the original VHDL. If you are looking into building a
    virtual prototype then I would recommend you speak to these guys.

    If you just want to import some VHDL models to an OSCI environment than
    you can try my VHDL to SystemC converter as a template generator.
    However, expect much worse simulation time (3x slower), minimum language
    support, requirement to fix/tweak the code and on top of that a
    developer not willing to fix the translator ;-)

    Good luck,
    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    HT-Lab, May 11, 2014
  4. moogyd

    moogyd Guest

    Hi Hans,
    you are correct - I am looking to produce a virtual prototype for FW development. The plan is to do initial conversion automatically, and then analyze performance of resulting models, perhaps performing some optimizations where possibly.
    I'll have a look at you suggestions.
    Thanks,
    Steven

    moogyd, May 12, 2014