VHDL2008 generate syntax

Tricky

Im trying to use the new if/elseif/else generate syntax. Modelsim is
throwing up an error for me, but quartus 9.1 likes it:

test_gen : if test generate
g <= '1';
else
g <= '0';
end generate test_gen;

Modelsim 6.5 gives me the error: "Near Else - syntax error"

Same problem with the case version - quartus doesnt mind but modelsim
complain's that there is no "is"

test_gen : case test generate
when true =>
g <= '1';
when false =>
g <= '0';
end generate test_gen;

Am I missing something in the syntax - or have a missed a modelsim
compile setting (Ive switched to 2008 in compile mode in modelsim).

Any ideas?

HT-Lab

Unfortunately this is not yet supported in Modelsim (not even the latest 6.5e
which was released last week :-(

Email your Mentor rep and ask him to open an ER,

Regards,
Hans
www.ht-lab.com