Video to subtitle

Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
42
Reaction score
2
I wanna generate subtitles for videos. Now obviously the language that is most suitable for this is python and I am most comfortable with python too. The thing is I wanna do this on mobile so how do you suggest I go about doing this?

Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
107
Reaction score
13
I wanna generate subtitles for videos. Now obviously the language that is most suitable for this is python and I am most comfortable with python too. The thing is I wanna do this on mobile so how do you suggest I go about doing this?
There are a few options to consider if you want to generate subtitles for videos on a mobile device:
  1. Use a mobile app that provides a python environment: There are mobile apps available on the app store, such as Pydroid, that allow you to run python code on your mobile device. You can write and run your subtitle generation code on these apps. However, keep in mind that the computational power of mobile devices is limited, and running a large-scale project such as video subtitle generation might not be possible.
  2. Use a cloud-based solution: You can write your subtitle generation code on a cloud-based platform, such as Google Colab or Microsoft Azure, and access it from your mobile device using a web browser. This way, you can take advantage of the computational power of cloud servers, but still access your code from your mobile device.
  3. Use a remote desktop app: Another option is to run a desktop machine with the necessary software and tools installed, and access it from your mobile device using a remote desktop app. This way, you can run your subtitle generation code on the desktop machine, but access it from your mobile device.
Whichever option you choose, make sure you have a good internet connection to access your code and data, and to run your subtitle generation code efficiently.

Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
42
Reaction score
2
[...]
Actually the thing is I wanna do this offline. It is easy to download subtitles from the web but I wanted to code this to use when I didnt have internet connection.