visual editor & eclipse.

Mr. X.

Hello,
I have first used visual editor for eclipse (3.3).
I have done : file -> new -> java -> AWT -> dialog,
and then try to run the application.

What shall I do :
Run as eclipse application, Java applet, Java application, OSGi framework.

None of the above work.

What should I consider or declare in order to run a simple dialog box ?
Should I declare the main class that runs first ?

Need a simple example to do so, please.

Thanks :)

Steve Sobol

Hello,
I have first used visual editor for eclipse (3.3).
I have done : file -> new -> java -> AWT -> dialog,
and then try to run the application.

Use "run as Java application" and make sure a method exists,

public static void main(String[] args)

This method would need to display your dialog.

Steve Sobol

also (when right click on outline -> dialog component -> run as java bean, I
got the error :
IWAV0120E Launch failed : no java bean found).

Most likely because it doesn't look like a JavaBean (i.e. no getters or
setters).