VS 2003 suddenly can't create controls

Guest

Hello.

I have a VS 2003 C# project. A few days ago I added a control in the
designer and everything worked fine. Today I tried to add a control to
the same form, and even though the control gets added just fine in the
designer (WYSIWYG and HTML views), the control never gets hooked up to
the .cs page, ie in the definitions section. I realize I could
manually add the control into the definitions area of the code-behind,
but since what I want to add is a custom validator, I am guessing I
would have to alter the InitializeComponent routine, and I'm scared to
do that.

As an FYI have tried adding different kinds of controls. None of them
work.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Worst case, you may have to reset the IDE. There are switches on devenv.exe
that you can look up on MSDN.

I would try a new project first and make sure it is not something dinked up
with the project file before resetting, as you can end up having to reload
add ins. I believe it is /resetskppkgs, but I am not sure I have this
exactly right.