vs.net 2005 beta

mike parr

I installed vs.net 2005 on a machine that also has vs.net 2003 on it.
Since all of the 2003 projects then got converted to 2005 projects, I
decided to uninstall 2005 so that I could do some work on the 2003
projects. This worked OK, but now I want to re-install 2005 and it will
not reinstall .net framework 2.0. I'm wondering if uninstalling 2005
also uninstalled some 2003 files as I now can't reinstall or uninstall
2003? When I try to uninstall 2003 I get this error :

[02/11/05,14:33:38] setup.exe: [2] ISetupComponent::pre/Post/Install()
failed in ISetupManager::InstallManagerHelper()
[02/11/05,14:33:38] setup.exe: [2] Component error string not specified
in ISetupManager::AddToActionResultCollection()

Can anybody help me out with this?

Any assistance would be really appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike

Scott Allen

I hate to be the one to break the news, but the beta versions are
notoriously bad at uninstalling. Chances are you'll need to rebuild
the machine.

I don't know if you'll find specific help for the problem, but you
might view the beta readme files to see if they mention any registry
keys or files to manually delete. Fixing what the beta left behind
might allow you to uninstall / reinstall 2003 normally.