vs2008 sp 1 and properties of asp.net controls

Andy B

I have an asp.net page in design view. I right click the gridView I have on
the page and then go to properties. For some strange reason, I see the pages
file properties instead of the GridView properties. Any way to fix this
problem. I can't get to any page/control properties this way. Help is really
needed fast.

Munna

Hi,,,

can't you select the control from the dropdown located at the top of
the property window?

Regards

Munna

Andy B

Sorry, I can't. The only thing available for example is "Members.aspx, file
properties". Nothing else is in the combo box even if I right click a
control on the page.

Joined
Jul 15, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
suggestion

2008 seems a little buggy or sensitive to me also on this...you will see a little tab with asp:control#itsname ... click that tab so the control is sure to grab focus, then properties...

hope this helps.

John