W3 IndexedDB

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by MC, Jul 31, 2011.

  1. MC

    MC Guest

    I have some questions regarding the W3 IndexedDB. Our environment is Chrome
    but I would also like to know the answers for FireFox.

    1. Is IndexedDB stable?
    2. Is their a max size of the database (or is max size environment
    dependent)?
    3. Does it support offline local storage?
    4. Has anyone found any bad bugs?
    5. Has anyone done a major stable project with IndexedDB?
    6. Has anyone written a sync method for updating the database stores (using
    version) with server database stores?
    7. Does this work in Android?
    8. Does this work in Safari?

    Information on this component is very very sketchy. Most of the information
    I see is not current as it is dated 2010. I would appreciate any insights
    people would have regarding this technology. It holds a lot of promise if it
    can actually be used. I do realize that it is not standard yet and may be
    subject to change.

    Thank you,
    MC

    MC, Jul 31, 2011

  2. MC

    RobG Guest

    You are best to subscribe to the mailing list and search the archives.
    Links to both are in the draft specification date 19 April 2011: <URL:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/IndexedDB/ >

    The most reccent posting in the archives is dated today (2 August
    2011).

    RobG, Aug 3, 2011

  3. MC

    MC Guest

    Rob,

    The W3C does not seem to have an IndexedDB list, just webapps list, which
    has a lot of noise. I was hoping to get someone to respond who is using this
    in production.

    MC

    MC, Aug 4, 2011