War not working

francan00

I created a WAR in my Tomcat 4.1.36 container and then loaded it in
another workstation Tomcat 4.1.27 container webapp directory. I
stopped and started Tomcat and the War doesnt deploy in the webapp
directory. It just shows the War file and no directory for my web
application. If I create a War in the 4.1.27 container and deploy it
in the same one it does work. Can someone give me advise on this on
why the 4.1.36 to 4.1.27 War delployment wont work?

Lew

I created a WAR in my Tomcat 4.1.36 container and then loaded it in
another workstation Tomcat 4.1.27 container webapp directory. I
stopped and started Tomcat and the War doesnt deploy in the webapp
directory. It just shows the War file and no directory for my web
application. If I create a War in the 4.1.27 container and deploy it
in the same one it does work. Can someone give me advise on this on
why the 4.1.36 to 4.1.27 War delployment wont work?

You don't create WAR files in Tomcat containers, you create them from build
scripts or commands. So what I'm hearing in reality is that you're building
on two different platforms, one that also runs one version of Tomcat, and
another that also runs a different version of Tomcat.

Since Tomcat doesn't build the WARs, something else on those two platforms
must differ. The Java compiler, for example. Perhaps one platform has a
newer version of Java SE or Java EE than the other.

Arne Vajhøj

I created a WAR in my Tomcat 4.1.36 container and then loaded it in
another workstation Tomcat 4.1.27 container webapp directory. I
stopped and started Tomcat and the War doesnt deploy in the webapp
directory. It just shows the War file and no directory for my web
application. If I create a War in the 4.1.27 container and deploy it
in the same one it does work. Can someone give me advise on this on
why the 4.1.36 to 4.1.27 War delployment wont work?

Check whether you have a <host ... autoDeploy="false" ...> in
your server.xml !

Arne