Tomcat 5.5: exploded WAR directory persists

bruce_phipps

Tomcat 5.5.
I copy my WAR file myApp.war to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps
Browse to the servlet and test it.
Tomcat "explodes" the jar to create a myApp/ directory. But this
directory is not cleaned up when I stop Tomcat.

In the develop-deploy WAR-test cycle I need to keep deleting the
"exploded" directory.
Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks
Bruce

Bill Medland

Tomcat 5.5.
I copy my WAR file myApp.war to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps
Browse to the servlet and test it.
Tomcat "explodes" the jar to create a myApp/ directory. But this
directory is not cleaned up when I stop Tomcat.

In the develop-deploy WAR-test cycle I need to keep deleting the
"exploded" directory.

Why do you need to delete it?
Is there a way to avoid this?

I'm new to this area too but my experience is that if I replace the WAR then
a couple of seconds later it gets re-expanded automatically

(That is, I understand, because of some tomcat configuration setting
somewhere)

Larry

Tomcat 5.5.
I copy my WAR file myApp.war to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps
Browse to the servlet and test it.
Tomcat "explodes" the jar to create a myApp/ directory. But this
directory is not cleaned up when I stop Tomcat.

In the develop-deploy WAR-test cycle I need to keep deleting the
"exploded" directory.
Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks
Bruce

ANT can be configured to do the tedious deployment work for you, which
is one of many tasks it was designed to do, and does very well ;-)

Larry