commapi and TomCat 5.5

Dag Sunde

Is there any specific issues I should be aware of when
using the commapi from a servlet under TomCat 5.5.

That is, I'm using a vendor-provided jar-file, that depends
on comm.jar.

When I write a small test-app, everything is dandy. The app
opens the comm port "COM1", and communications works ok.

Running the same code in a web-app, I get a "Port not found"
(the code is copy/pasted from the test-app).

I have tried to put the "comm.jar" and "vendor.jar" in
....\webapps\myapp\WEB_INF\lib, and in
....common\lib

I've put the "win32comm.dll" both in "system32" and together
with the jar file, but to no avail...

When I run my test-app, I run it like this:
java -cp D:\commapi\comm.jar;.\vendor.jar;. Test

Any ideas?

TIA...

Dag Sunde

Dag said:
Is there any specific issues I should be aware of when
using the commapi from a servlet under TomCat 5.5.

That is, I'm using a vendor-provided jar-file, that depends
on comm.jar.

When I write a small test-app, everything is dandy. The app
opens the comm port "COM1", and communications works ok.

Running the same code in a web-app, I get a "Port not found"
(the code is copy/pasted from the test-app).

I have tried to put the "comm.jar" and "vendor.jar" in
...\webapps\myapp\WEB_INF\lib, and in
...common\lib

I've put the "win32comm.dll" both in "system32" and together
with the jar file, but to no avail...

When I run my test-app, I run it like this:
java -cp D:\commapi\comm.jar;.\vendor.jar;. Test

Just in case others run into this:

I had forgot to copy the "javax.comm.properties" file,
so Tomcat/myApp couldn't see it...