watir or selenium

Erika

I'm searching any info of comparing Watir and Selenium.

I have found a lot of usefull links&tips on the internet, but if you have some recent comparison of these two let me know.

Many thanks,
E.

Jacob Helwig

Hi,

I'm searching any info of comparing Watir and Selenium.

I have found a lot of usefull links&tips on the internet, but if you have some recent comparison of these two let me know.

Many thanks,
E.

I'm afraid that you're not going to find any comparisons of the two,
since they solve two completely different (and incomparable) problems.

Waitr can be compared to autotest. It is a means to automate the
running of your tests, building of your documents, or any number of
things you might do, whenever you save a file in your project.

Selenium is a testing framework/language. I guess it could be
compared to Cucumber, and similar projects, but none of these can be
compared to Waitr/autotest.

The two can be used together, but one cannot replace the other, if
that's what you're looking for.

-Jacob

Tony Arcieri

I'm afraid that you're not going to find any comparisons of the two,
since they solve two completely different (and incomparable) problems.

Waitr can be compared to autotest. It is a means to automate the
running of your tests, building of your documents, or any number of
things you might do, whenever you save a file in your project.

Selenium is a testing framework/language. I guess it could be
compared to Cucumber, and similar projects, but none of these can be
compared to Waitr/autotest

Forgive me for being naive, but I really can't fathom this analogy,
especially the comparison of Watir to autotest.

Can you go into depth a bit more? I see immense overlap in what Watir and
Selenium do, and don't really understand the distinction you're trying to
make here.

I see them both as automated functional testing frameworks for web
applications. Apparently you disagree?

Erika

Yes I was referint to watir (www.watir.com) and selenium (www.seleniumhq.com).

Many thanks,