    I have found a lot of usefull links&tips on the internet, but if you have some recent comparison of these two let me know.

    Many thanks,
    E.

    Erika, Oct 27, 2009

  2. Erika

    Jacob Helwig Guest

    I'm afraid that you're not going to find any comparisons of the two,
    since they solve two completely different (and incomparable) problems.

    Waitr can be compared to autotest. It is a means to automate the
    running of your tests, building of your documents, or any number of
    things you might do, whenever you save a file in your project.

    Selenium is a testing framework/language. I guess it could be
    compared to Cucumber, and similar projects, but none of these can be
    compared to Waitr/autotest.

    The two can be used together, but one cannot replace the other, if
    that's what you're looking for.

    -Jacob

    Jacob Helwig, Oct 27, 2009

  3. Erika

    Tom Stuart Guest

    Sounds more like Watchr (http://github.com/mynyml/watchr) to me. I
    imagine Erika is referring to Watir (http://watir.com/).

    Tom Stuart, Oct 27, 2009
  4. Erika

    Jacob Helwig Guest

    Jacob Helwig, Oct 28, 2009
  5. Erika

    Tony Arcieri Guest

    Forgive me for being naive, but I really can't fathom this analogy,
    especially the comparison of Watir to autotest.

    Can you go into depth a bit more? I see immense overlap in what Watir and
    Selenium do, and don't really understand the distinction you're trying to
    make here.

    I see them both as automated functional testing frameworks for web
    applications. Apparently you disagree?

    Tony Arcieri, Oct 28, 2009
  6. Erika

    Erika Guest