web application and web service

m.a

Hello,

I have a web application which is secure using a login page. I add a web
service to this web application and now I want to create a reference to this
web services using MSVC, but the web application doesn't let me to connect
to the web service before I login to the site.

How can I login to site without using a web browser?

How can I use a web services which is inside a web application?

Regards

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Does the web service require the same security? If not, put it in another
folder and put a web.config that does not require the same security. You
will have to have a means of securing the service, of course, but that will
allow you to do what you desire. You can do it in the same folder, but it
requires a more intrictate web.config.

Arne Vajhøj

m.a said:
I have a web application which is secure using a login page. I add a web
service to this web application and now I want to create a reference to this
web services using MSVC, but the web application doesn't let me to connect
to the web service before I login to the site.

How can I login to site without using a web browser?

How can I use a web services which is inside a web application?

You can specify Credentials in a web service call.

And if BASIC/digest/NTLM/Kerberos authentication is
good, then that should work.

Form based and having session in CookieContainer will
become messy.

Arne