Web Controls not visible on .aspx forms

Michael

Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble doing the simplest thing imaginable with a web form. Here's what I do:

1). Open a VS .NET project that contains a WebForm.aspx
2). Drop 2 controls on it, one a simple HTML text box, the other, an asp:TextBox with runat = server
3). Build the project, not even sure this is required
4). Copy WebForm.aspx to C:\inetpub\wwwroot5). Attempt to open http://localhost/WebForm.aspx in InternetExplorer
6). I can see the HTML text box, but the asp:TextBox doesn't appear

I've replicated this using other controls, on other web forms. Also, I have .ascx controls which I've written that look fine in the IDE, but when I preview them in the browser through VS, the web controls are inactive (showing, but not clickable).

All of this seems like some sort of setup issue to me. I've noted that aspnet_wp.exe isn't running as I attempt to access .aspx forms, which concerns me.

Any advice/comments kindly appreciated.

-Mike

Michael

Well, I just ran aspnet_regiis.exe -i from the v1.0.3705 Framework directory, and now apsnet_wp.exe is up & running. Miraculously, the web controls are now visible in the web forms (yeah!). Don't ask me why this worked...

Alvin Bruney

it repaired your virtual mappings which may have been corrupted

--

Got TidBits?