Web Editor Package with database connectivity

Klaus T.

Hi folks,

We are looking for a Web Design program that uses an external database
for the listing of products, including the creation of separate HTML
pages for each product depending on the number of entries in the DB.

I have been using NetObjects Fusion (NOF) so far, but we are now at
the point, where this should be running on a Mac machine. NOF allows
you to design the layout of the page which then is duplicated for each
product found in the database.

Note: I'm not talking about an online DB, but a local DB used to
compile the HTML pages before uploading. In our case, the DB holds
text only, describing each product, giving the name and article number
and a (local) link to the picture and user manual for it.

A must: The sources for the WebSite should be usable on both OS,
Windows and Mac. NOF only works under Windows.

BTW: It's not a Web Shop that we want to create, just a simple way to
add a product to the database (and the Site) without dealing with the
associated adding of Menu entries and HTML pages for the new
product...

Any ideas ?

(Since everybody is reading alt. html and nobody
alt.html.editors.webedit, I'm trying here.)

Thanks in advance,
Klaus.