Web Service only offers SOAP, where did HTTP-POST go?

DotNetGruven

Hi, I'm working on a problem where a web service is showing support only for
SOAP requests on the deveopment windows 2k3 server, yet on my development
box, XP Pro, the Service Description page for each operation shows both
HTTP Post AND SOAP as being available.

Some of things I've checked are:

- httphandlers in config files (all verbs are allowed for asmx)
- IIS is configured to allow GET
- method parameter types are simple (strings)

What other things could cause a web service to only publish support for SOAP
in the Service Description files?

TIA
George

DotNetGruven

Turns out 1.1 of the framework disables Http Get & Post by default for web
services.

See Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 819267

George