web service question

gk

Web Services with JAX-RPC and Apache Axis

There are many ways to write a Client program

(1) Using Dynamic Invocation Interface ( DII)
(2) Using generated Stubs from Service WSDL description
(3) Using Dynamic Proxy.

Then the author has shown 3 ways of writing the client.

but i dont understand which one i should accept ?

which method is popular ?

Rob@Bedford

I am a big fan of using wsdl2java to generate the client artifacts. I
use the following ant script to do so...

<path id="axis.classpath">
<fileset dir="C:/axis/lib">
<include name="**/*.jar" />
</fileset>
</path>

<taskdef resource="axis-tasks.properties"
classpathref="axis.classpath" />
<!--
Note: ALWAYS generated these files into a temporary folder! The
task will
overwrite files that already exist. Generated to temporary folder
then
manually copy as needed.
-->
<target name="createJavaArtifacts_Axis">
<axis-wsdl2java
output="tmp_wsdl2java" <!-- Any random folder -- >
verbose="true"
url="WSDLURL.wsdl">
</axis-wsdl2java>
</target>