Web Services using JBoss

Mohammad

Hi,

I have just started learning about Java Web Services. I intend to use
JBoss. I have couple of questions:

1. Do you have to install Apache Axis under JBoss to make it ready for
hosting Web Services becuase all the examples Y can find for JBoss on
the web use Axis.

2. If not can some one point to a simple hello world type sample that
does not use Axis.

Thanks...

Zakerie

It depends on the version of Jboss you are going to use.
The newer 4.0 version comes with native support for webservices (based on
J2EE 1.4)
and you can use sun's webservices API

for their old 3.x version (based on J2EE 1.3), you would need webservices
libraries (either Axis or one supplied by Sun-
http://java.sun.com/webservices/jwsdp/index.jsp)
present in either the project specific lib folder or the actual war file
(which would be cleaner in my opinion) .

The sun webservices development pack doesnt explain how to go about it using
Jboss but carries a lot of examples.
Using Axis is much more straightforward since Jboss uses Tomcat container
and every example on the web
for axis uses Tomcat. Just make sure you drop the .war file int the deploy
directory and not the folder within
Tomcat while using Jboss

Ram Ravisankar