WebControl to consume and display Web Service

George Leithead

Hi,

Can I ask all you for a bit of advice?

I need to create a Web Control component that consumes a WebService and
displays the results as the control. I can get the Web service
results, but dont know how to get the control to display the results of
the transformed Xml! What base class should I use for my control?

CaffieneRush

You don't have to work with Xml directly when using a webservice in
ASP.NET.
It's much simpler than that. It's like calling a regular method when
you invoke the proxy to the webservice's webmethod - you get the values
back in the type that was declared in the web method. The ASP.NET
framework would handle the low level stuff like the Xml
serialisation/deserialisation..

It'll be clear once you do one of the quickstart tutorials on ASP.NET
webservices and webapps.

Andy