webcontrols

sloan

Anyone have a good book recommendation for building web controls?

2.0 only please.

I need even the basic concepts. Well, like I know what ViewState is, but
the book has to have "This is how and why you use ViewState to persist your
web control".

Thanks

Juan T. Llibre

The Bible for building controls is, still, Nikhil Kothari's
"Developing ASP.NET Server Controls and Components"

Yes, it was written before 1.1 and 2.0 came out but, if you want to learn
how to build ASP.NET Server Controls and Components, it can't be beat.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0735615829

That said, for ASP.NET 2.0, including Ajax, the best of the crop is
"Professional ASP.NET 2.0 Server Control and Component Development":

All imho, of course.

sloan

Thanks Juan,
I think I've been thru a few of your examples.....
So I know your recommendations are solid.