    the app to be as light as possible. I noticed that some of my pages have a
    link to the embedded resource webforms.js in the rendered page. Is this
    javascript required, and how can I turn it off?

    Jeremy Chapman, Jun 28, 2006

  2. It is pretty simple,

    In Visual Studio, if you select the properties window of this particular
    JS file, you can see a property called "Build Action". If you set this
    property to "Content" then the file wont be added as a embedded
    resource, so it means you have to manually specify the location when
    ever you need to refer it.

    -
    Vadivel Kumar
    http://vadivelk.net

    Vadivel Kumar, Jun 28, 2006

  3. when I say webforms.js, I'm referring to the resource in the system.web.dll
    of the dotnet framework. The framework is including a link to this resource
    on the rendered page (via a WebResource.axd url). I want to stop it from
    adding this link to my page, because my page doesn't use any of the
    javascript in this resource so it's an unneeded http get.

    Jeremy Chapman, Jun 28, 2006
  4. Jeremy Chapman

    Ben Amada Guest

    I've seen these JavaScript AXD file(s) included when you set Form properties
    such as 'defaultbutton' or 'defaultfocus'. Also the
    'MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback' page directive might be adding an AXD
    resource.

    Ben

    Ben Amada, Jun 29, 2006
  5. I've tried setting those properties to false or null in the page oninit, and
    on page tag and in the web config. still no luck.

    Jeremy Chapman, Jun 29, 2006