How to get embedded resource HTCs to be referenced in page?

Peter Rilling

Hi.

I have an interesting problem and don't know if there is a solution to this.

I have some webcontrols that are compiled into assemblies (not
usercontrols). Some of these controls rely on Javascript file which are
included as embedded resources where the HTML reference is being echoed by
using the Page.ClientScript.GetWebResourceUrl(...). This works fine.

Now I have an HTC that I want to include as an embedded resource and
referenced the same way. Can I do this? When I reference the HTC directly,
it works, but does not when I refernece a similar one that is an embedded
resource. I know that generated URL is correct because I can download the
HTC when I place the URL in the address bar. When I changed extension of
the physical file version of the HTC to something else, it did not load the
file. Is IE using the file extension to determine it is an HTC component?
If that is the same, then would that be why the WebResource URL is not
working, because proxy web page is not an HTC extension?