WebPartManager Import method

Guest

I am trying to import a webpart that has been developed as a standalone
project - single webpart class in an assembly.

I've read up on the web (Fredrik Normén's Blog etc) that it is possible to
import a web part by providing a .webpart file and having the assembly dll
copied to the /bin folder (or in the GAC).
This got me excited as it is just what I am after - delivering a portal
application and allowing others to develop and import their own webparts ....
I just cannot get the damn thing to work!! All I get is the error message I
specified in the .WebPart file out from the method call.

How can I debug what is going on here?

I've tried several things.

If I add the webpart class to the App_Code folder of the project I can use
the WebPartManager.AddWebPart method without a problem - but this is not what
I want, I need to be able to drop in assemblies and import the webparts
contained within.

I've tried stong naming the assembly, also putting it into the GAC.

Still does not work for me!?!!?!?

Please help!

Shaun Venus

emailid: sunevnuahs