webservice application webapplication

rams

I have got a webapplication developed using asp.net ,and a web service
application developed using asp.net running on the same server
..Application_start for the webservice is never called

Also what i noticed is the webapplication and webservice are sharing the
same context httpcontext.Is this how they are supposed to work.

Both the webservice and webapplication are running on the same server ,and
are configured as different applications.

my question is how do i make the application_start work in the webservice
application.