Webservice on XP

Ron

Hi,

I've got a webservice which is called from javascript in asp. This has been
installed on various Win2000 machines and is working fine. Now I installed
it on a WinXP machine and get the following error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to read
request. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML
document (5, 30). ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a
correct format.
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo
info)
at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToInt32(String s)
at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader1.Read18
_GetUserLimit()
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader,
String encodingStyle)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.ReadParameters()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.ReadParameters()
at System.Web,Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.Invoke()
at System.Web,Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.CoreProcessRequest()

The function initializing the service (called in the body onload):
function InitWebService() {

ServiceDiv.useService("http://MyServer/VirDir/MyService.asmx?WSDL","MyServic
e");
}
The actual function call:
ServiceDiv.MyService.callService("MyFunction", "Parameters");

Any help would be appreciated
Ron

Ron

Hi,

The problem is that this error occurs on initialization, before even calling
a method, while the message indicates that an error occured in function
GetUserLimit()

Regards,