Website Administration Tool

Laurence

Hi all,

I have been trying to set up a Webstie Administration Tool - Virtual
Directory and have hit a couple of issues!

I have set the site up as Integrated security and access the pages through
this link

http://localhost/WebAdmin/default.a...0727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\&applicationUrl=/PI

All seems to be fine except the site says it is using Windows authentication
so you can't add users.....

So I set the site to Forms authentication and yes I can add users but I
can't find them after I have added them.

I mention the 2 security modes as when you login with integrated \ or from
VS it displays the current username, with forms based it does not.

And yes you can see the user that was added from the virtual directory web
site when you use VS, so the applicationName is correct. So why can't I
search and manage users I have added on the stand alone site?

Any suggestions appreciated
Thanks

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I have been trying to set up a Webstie Administration Tool - Virtual Directory

Why ? WAT only runs on the local machine, so www.mysite.com won't serve the WAT interface.

You can create your own management interface, per the instructions in these 2 articles:

"ASP.NET 2.0 Member/Role Management with IIS"

Part 1, Security and Configuration Overview :

Part 2, Implementation :

The code sample for that app is in this msi file :
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...f-428b-bf22-8d7c5a05fb47/membershipeditor.msi

Or, to do the same thing differently, follow Steven Cheng's advice at :
http://blogs.msdn.com/msdnts/archiv...p-role-management-out-of-asp-net-context.aspx