What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Ques

perseus

I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
in particular Mr. David White,
is being absolutely ridiculous. Obviously, most of you up here
behave like the owners of the C++ language. A C++ interface
installation IS ABOUT THE C++ LANGUAGE! The language
does not possess the ability to handle even simple file directory
manipulation.
Those wise people that created it did not take care of it. So, BOOST
is a portable interface that contains a FILESYSTEM for handling
files and directories in the C++ LANGUAGE!
Now, where are you coming from telling me that a question about the
installation of such an important interface does not belong to this
group? Where did you learn logic? In a mental institution?
Also, you are wasting a lot of bandwidth with your childish responses
about relevance or irrelevance. Do you tell CNN to stop bothering you
with its commercials every 3 minutes? Sure you do, pseudo-elitists!
Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
messages. YOU do that, not me!

perseus

Victor Bazarov

perseus said:
I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
in particular Mr. David White,
is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
messages. YOU do that, not me!

Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
did _you_ learn logic?

Pete

no no no.....that message should have been posted in sci.med.drugs.valium!

(that said... I agree with you)

perseus

perseus said:
I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
in particular Mr. David White,
is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
messages. YOU do that, not me!

Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
did _you_ learn logic?

Victor,

You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

perseus

Victor Bazarov

perseus said:
[...]
Victor,

You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

It's just become enough for me. And probably for many others
in this newsgroup. Don't be surprised when _all_ your posts
will go unanswered.

perseus

perseus said:
[...]
Victor,

You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

It's just become enough for me. And probably for many others
in this newsgroup. Don't be surprised when _all_ your posts
will go unanswered.

Of course, Victor. Why should they be answered by people who do not
know the answer? I hope they are not. I agree.

perseus

Victor Bazarov

Pete said:
no hey keep going.....I haven't seen such pointless online bitch fighting
since I was 15...

I see you haven't much progressed since then...
just be careful now that no one accidentally posts something on topic in
this thread.... [...]

Nils Petter Vaskinn

perseus said:
I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
in particular Mr. David White,
is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
messages. YOU do that, not me!

Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
did _you_ learn logic?

Victor,

You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

Keep up with that attitude and you're less likely to get help later if you
post a question that is on topic in the group.

You were offered advice ("look somewhere else, because this isn't the
place to get your question answered") and start complaining when it wasn't
the answer you wanted.

And your post was the one that was unnessesary,
because if you had done your homework (reading the faq) before posting you
would have known wou'd get no answer.

If you go into a grocery store to buy a hammer, and they tell you to go to
the hardware store, do you complain?

Atleast it appears that you caps-lock keys has become unstuck.

regards
NPV

Pete

From: Karl Heinz Buchegger <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++
Subject: Re: What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem
Interface) & All I Got Is: My Question Is Irrelevant!
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:06:19 +0200

I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
in particular Mr. David White,
is being absolutely ridiculous.

The only one reidiculous is you.
We already told you, that this group is about Standard C++
as defined by the ISO/ANSI standards document.
Obviously, most of you up here
behave like the owners of the C++ language.

No. But we know whats written in the standards document.
A C++ interface
installation IS ABOUT THE C++ LANGUAGE!

How can an installation be about a language.
A language is an abstract thing. Defined by some rules.
A product is an instantiation of those rules, in your case
the boost libraries. Your problem is with installing those
libraries, that is: making them usable in your system with your
particular compiler.

Installing a product can never be a language problem.
The language
does not possess the ability to handle even simple file directory
manipulation.
Those wise people that created it did not take care of it.

They did. But they decided to leave it out. They tried to leave
everything out, what is related to a specific operating system
and/or hardware. For the very same reason you will not find any
functions to control eg. a screen, a keyboard, device serial numbers,
etc. in standard C++.
So, BOOST
is a portable interface that contains a FILESYSTEM for handling
files and directories in the C++ LANGUAGE!

But Boost is just one library. There are hundreds other libraries out
there which do the same thing. None of them (including boost) is
part of Standard C++. That's why they are not topical in this group.
Now, where are you coming from telling me that a question about the
installation of such an important interface does not belong to this
group?

Because it doesn't. If you have problems in installing a specific
prodct, then the people maintaining that product are responsible for
that.
Where did you learn logic? In a mental institution?

Where did YOU learn logic? You intermix the terms 'language', 'product'
and 'installation' as it pleases you.
Also, you are wasting a lot of bandwidth with your childish responses
about relevance or irrelevance.

The only one wasting bandwith is you. You already have been told to
be off-topic. If I remember correctly you have even been told the
locations of the FAQ to inform yourself of what's on topic and what is not.
Do you tell CNN to stop bothering you
with its commercials every 3 minutes? Sure you do, pseudo-elitists!
Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
messages. YOU do that, not me!

Please. Stop beeing childish. The boost people maintain a message board
where they are more then happy to help you sorting out your problems
with yout installation. You already have been told that. There your
question IS on topic.

Dear Karl Heinz Buchegger:

Why do you waste bandwidth with your shows of ignorance?
Since you don't know the answer to my question, why don't you
just move on to the next message? Is it absolutely necessary
for you to send me messages that amount to nothing?
In any case, give my best regards to ... the sensible Austrians.

[...]

Here is another one that definitely wants me to know that he does not
know the answer to my question.
thank you for nothing NVP.

perseus

perseus

You are funny !

How do you know that I don't know the answer? I'm pretty sure
that most of the regulars could help you. But not in this group.

They might actually teach you something :)

Thank you. I will :)

Hahahaha! They can help me, but not in this goup? Hahahaha!
You made me laugh! Let's go to the salami.cheese.cpp group to
get help! Hahahaha!

perseus

You're welcome.

You are correct I do not know the answer to you question, but if I did I
wouldn't give it to you.

You have just confirmed that you care nothing for what the people in this
group thinks is acceptable to post.

You post a question and complain loudly when people tell you how to get an
answer. If you decide to follow that advice I suggest you adjust your
attitude before you ask the boost people for help, unless you want them to
ignore your request for help.
I wouldn't be surprised if there are people that read this group AND the
boost mailinglist that will choose not to help you if you should choose to
ask your question in the appropriate forum.

NPV

Thank you, NVP. You keep confirming my original impression
of you: huge contributions of nothingness.

perseus

perseus

Please get it into your head: This is a newsgroup for Standard C++.
Yes standard C++ lack[1] some things and that is why there are lots and
lots of packages/libraries like boost. Questions regarding Boost is OT
here and so is questions about wxWindows, ACE, dbconnect, ptypes,
crypto++, botan, V, Fox, GTK, FLTK, Boehm and so on. If this group
should answer ALL C++ related question, there would be 1000 post pr day.
So please understand that boost is OT!

Now, I think it is about time we stop feeding the troll.....

socketd

[1] Things like GUI-lib's, database access and others should NOT be in
standard C++

socketd:

You must really be proud of your message.
Such an eloquent way of showing your ignorance and irrelevance.
Thank you for nothing.

perseus

perseus

He, he.
I just placed a bet on how many more replies will arrive
before he gets plonk-ed the first time.
Still counting.

Karl Hainz Buchegger:

I am still counting how many stupid messages you send
about not knowing the answer to my question. Keep on sending them,
baby.

perseus

Socketd

[...]

Well he may have been silently plonked without us knowing, but I won't
plonk him yet, the thread is kind of amusing.

But I've given up on educating him.

What did you bet?

regards
NPV

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Nils said:
Well he may have been silently plonked without us knowing, but I won't
plonk him yet, the thread is kind of amusing.

But I've given up on educating him.

What did you bet?

A beer for 13 messages.

5 messages have arrived 'till the bet.
Still counting.

perseus

Well he may have been silently plonked without us knowing, but I won't
plonk him yet, the thread is kind of amusing.

But I've given up on educating him.

What did you bet?

regards
NPV

NVP,

What a stupid and uneducated Austrian.
He has never learned how to communicate with other people.
He tries to be ironic too! Such a luxury for such an idiot.

pereus